Lash Info & Aftercare
Your lash extensions are attached to your own individual eyelashes, and will shed as your natural lashes shed (up to 4 lashes a day). Maintaining your lash extensions will require regular visits to attach new extensions (fill-in) to your own eyelashes as your eyelash growth cycle regenerates new lashes. With a few simple care instructions you will be on your way to enjoying your luscious long lashes and new low-maintenance daily routine. To increase the longevity of your lashes, it is advised to avoid moisture and touching as much as possible.
Before your appointment:
• If you use waterproof mascara, avoid using it 2-3 days before your first appointment. The film it leaves on your lashes may prevent the extensions from adhering correctly.
• Arrive to your appointment with dry, clean lashes and makeup-free eyes.
• Remove contact lenses before your appointment. During the initial 24-48 hours after your appointment Do not get your lashes wet for 24 hours after the lash extensions are applied. It will affect the efficacy of the glue.
• Avoid steam from showers, facials, saunas and swimming pools.
• Avoid getting moisture around the eye area when washing face, showering etc.
• Avoid tanning beds for 48 hours after application.
• Avoid chemical peels, waxing or laser treatments around the eyes.
General guidelines to extend the life of your lashes:
• Avoid using oil-based skincare and makeup products around the eye, including mascara and makeup remover.
• Avoid waterproof mascara. If you can, it is better not to use any mascara at all. You may find you don’t even need it!
• Avoid excessively rubbing your eyes or lashes, especially when washing your face. It is recommended to clean around the eye area with gentle oil-free cleanser.
• Avoid using an eyelash curler. One of the benefits of lash extensions is the ability to add curl to your lashes. If you would like more curl, please speak to your technician.
• If you can, sleep on your back to avoid the risk of lashes rubbing against your pillow.
• Gently brush your lashes with a mascara wand to groom them. The best time to do this is after showering, as they will be softer and less likely to damage.
• Avoid pulling your lashes, and do not attempt to remove them yourself.
If you would like them removed, please contact your technician. If you experience any pain, redness or irritation, contact your technician immediately.